These Seminars will address the following questions
- How to bridge the skills gap and cope with the increasing numbers and the demands of industry, customers and the economy?
- What are the innovatory approaches to Skills Development offered by 21st Century technologies?
- How can the technology assist to recognize and develop the right talent?
- Who will we derive the maximum benefit from the new technologies of skills assessment and development?
- When can the technology provide reliable and cost effective measurements of skills and competencies?
- How can assessment and technology support learning, training and professional development?
9.30 – 9.40 a.m.Welcome Address Mr. Shekar Viswanathan President, BCIC
9.40 – 9.50 a.m.Introductory Remarks Mr. Jeff Ross Director, Assessment Tomorrow Ltd., UK
9.50 – 10.00 a.m.Inaugural Address UK Deputy High Commissioner
Technical Session I: Developing Skills Chaired by Mr. Jeff Ross, Director, Assessment Tomorrow Ltd., UK
10.00 – 10.20 a.m.“Investing in Human Capital for knowledge based Society” Prof. S. Sadagopan Director, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIITB)
10.20 – 10.40 a.m.“New Skills Sets to rethink business in the global era” Mr. Vivek Kulkarni Chairman and CEO, Brickwork India Pvt Ltd
10.40 – 11.00 a.m.“National skills standards for Vocational Education & Training.-reaping the benefits” Mr. S. J. Amalan Regional Director (AHI), Regional Directorate of App. Training (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka & Orissa) & Head Apex Hi-Tech Institute, Ministry of Labour & Employment, DGE&T
11.00 – 11.20 a.m.“How learning can utilize the latest technologies and techniques” Mr. Bill Malcolm International Director, LSN, UK
11. 20 – 11.40 a.m.Q & A Session
11.40 – 11.50 a.m.COFFEE / TEA BREAK
Technical Session II: Developing Innovatory, Robust and Valid Skills Assessment Chaired by Mr. T. R. Parasuraman, Chairman, BCIC Expert
Committee on Industry- Manufacturing
11.50 – 12.10 p.m.“Skills Needs Analysis in Industry and Education” Mr. R. Dhirendra Managing Director, Eduquity
12.10– 12.30 p.m.“Problems Solving and Creative Thinking” Prof. Krishnendu Sarkar De Bono Education (The FyneCube Project)
12.30 - 12.55 pm “Skills Development & Enhancement Programme” – Mr. Mick Todd 2b limitless
12.55 – 13:05 pm.“e-Assessment, computer based assessment of skills and knowledge” Mr. Jeff Ross Director, Assessment Tomorrow Ltd.,
13.05 – 01.20 p.m.Q & A Session
01.20 – 01.30 p.m.Vote of Thanks and Concluding Remarks Mr. T. R. Parasuraman Chairman, BCIC Expert Committee on Industry- manufacturing
01.30 p.m. Networking & Lunch
Attendance is by invitation only, to contact the organisers about attendance, speaking and sponsorship opportunities CLICK HERE